Thank you for your interest in joining Second Star Wishes – a full service, boutique travel agency. Our mission is to create positive, lasting and memorable vacation experiences for our clients who entrust us with their travel preparations.
Our team takes what we do very seriously – but we also love to have fun. We have high expectations for our agency and our fabulous agents who represent it. We are looking for new team members who are detail oriented, have a passion for customer service, have an extensive knowledge in various travel experiences, and provide a fun & positive personality to contribute to our collaborative atmosphere.
What should I expect as an agent?
- As Travel Specialists we assist our clients with finding, booking, and planning their vacation experiences. You will be expected to keep up with all of your clients vacation plans, dates, and details. It is a must that you be detail oriented and organized.
- Our most successful agents are go-getters and not afraid to put themselves out there. They go the extra mile for their clients and never settle for “just enough”. They are people-people and fill their cup by serving others. They are self driven and know how to set goals and accomplish tasks.
- Agents with Second Star Wishes set their own hours, schedule, and typically work from a home office. The working environment and hours are set by the agent.
- High level of verbal and written skills
- Exceptional level of customer service skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented, self-motivated, and business minded
- Must have a professional working space to keep client files, make phone calls, etc
- Must perform as a team player in a collaborative environment – we want agents who are honest, patient, respectful, dedicated and share the same passion as we do. Our team culture is one thing we pride ourselves on!
- Must be proficient in and actively use social media
- Must be able to market yourself and generate sales leads.
- Experience with travel outside of Disney theme parks
- Have personally been on at least 1 Disney Cruise in the last 5 years.
- Experience with travel within the Caribbean and Mexico
- Prior experience in a sales-type working environment.
- Prior experience in a sale-type working environment that is commission based
* Please note that while there are costs associated with becoming a Second Star Wishes agent under an Independent Contractor status (industry affiliation, insurance, business cards, professional email, etc.), we as an agency do not charge any additional fees over and above what you will need to secure basic credentials and agent identification as a member of our team!
I love Disney! I love to Travel!
So do we! And all of us are go-tos among our family and friends for all things travel planning – just like you. But, this is so much more than a love for Disney, cruising, or visiting the Caribbean. This is a real job. Not everyone travels the same way you do. You must know all destinations (parks, cruises, etc) backwards and forwards. You will need to know travel plans for weddings, honeymoons, seniors, adults only, toddler trips, teen trips…and everything in between. Clients will be looking to you as the expert. Extensive training is provided for destinations you may have visited – or not. This position is also commission based so know that it could take months of work (marketing, selling, quoting) before you see your first pay. You also must be readily available to your clients. You are never truly “off work”. If you have a client on a trip…they could need you at any time.
Still Interested? Do you meet what we are looking for?
Please tell us more about who you are below.
We look forward to hearing from you and sharing the vacation magic that is to come!
Next steps upon submitting your application
- Send in a resumé to us at email@example.com
- Grab your phone, record, and send us a video. It should be no more than 5 minutes, sharing the following information. Your video can be submitted to us via email or Facebook messenger by going HERE.
- A short introduction of yourself
- Why you’d make a fantastic travel planner
- Your favorite travel memory
Note: Second Star Wishes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.