Thank you for your interest in joining Second Star Wishes – a full service, boutique travel agency. Our mission is to create positive, lasting and memorable vacation experiences for our clients who entrust us with their travel preparations.
Our team takes what we do very seriously – but we also love to have fun. We have high expectations for our agency and our fabulous agents who represent it. We are looking for new team members who are detail oriented, have a passion for customer service, have an extensive knowledge in various travel experiences, and provide a fun & positive personality to contribute to our collaborative atmosphere.
What should I expect as an agent?
- Agents with Second Star Wishes are Independent Contractors (ICs) and set their own hours, schedule, and typically work from a home office. The working environment is set by the IC.
- Agents should plan to spend a recommended minimum of 10-20 hours per week marketing themselves, involvement in continuing education, and assisting clients.
- Responses times are CRUCIAL to the nature of our business. You must be able to respond to clients in a timely manner (ie – within hours or no less than same day).
- Optional monthly agency-wide conference calls + individual calls are held for our team for the purpose of staying up to date on agency and travel news/updates, plus for group-wide training.
- Onsite training available on occasion for destinations as well as our yearly on-site Wishes agent training – a fun, and educational annual event for our team members!
What minimum requirements do I need to be an agent?
- A new, working computer with strong and dependable internet access.
- A dedicated phone number for your clients to contact you, personally.
- Microsoft Office (minimum Word and Excel)
- Paper shredder
- Filing system with a lock
- An office space where you can conduct business in a professional manner
* As an independent contractor you should speak with your accountant about potential tax benefits.
- Must have personally visited Walt Disney World OR Disneyland in the last 3 years and 1 visit to Walt Disney World in the last 12 months (must have visited all 4 parks).
- High level of verbal and written skills
- Exceptional level of customer service skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented, self-motivated, and business minded
- Must have a professional working space to keep client files, make phone calls, etc
- Must perform as a team player in a collaborative environment – we want agents who are honest, patient, respectful, dedicated and share the same passion as we do. Our team culture is one thing we pride ourselves on!
- Must be proficient in and actively use social media
- Must be able to market yourself and generate sales leads. SSW will provide guidance and training on how to market yourself and will help you continue to grow your client base in the years to come.
- Experience with travel outside of Disney – other cruise lines, all inclusive resorts, or travel to Europe/South America/Asia.
- Have personally been on at least 1 Disney Cruise in the last 5 years.
- Experience with Adventures by Disney, Disney’s Aulani Resort – Hawaii, Disney’s Hilton Head Resort, Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Disney’s International Destinations.
- Prior experience in a sales-type working environment.
- Prior experience in a sale-type working environment that is commission based
* Please note that while there are costs associated with becoming a Second Star Wishes agent under an Independent Contractor status (industry affiliation, insurance, business cards, professional email, etc.), we as an agency do not charge any additional fees over and above what you will need to secure basic credentials and agent identification as a member of our team!
I love Disney! I love to Travel!
So do we! And all of us are go-tos among our family and friends for all things travel planning – just like you. But, this is so much more than a love for Disney, cruising, or visiting the Caribbean. This is a real job. Not everyone travels the same way you do. You must know all destinations (parks, cruises, etc) backwards and forwards. You will need to know travel plans for weddings, honeymoons, seniors, adults only, toddler trips, teen trips…and everything in between. Clients will be looking to you as the expert. Extensive training is provided for destinations you may have visited – or not. This position is also commission based so know that it could take months of work (marketing, selling, quoting) before you see your first pay. You also must be readily available to your clients. You are never truly “off work”. If you have a client on a trip…they could need you at any time.
Still Interested? Do you meet what we are looking for?
Please tell us more about who you are below.
We look forward to hearing from you and sharing the vacation magic that is to come!
*Upon submitting – please send in a resumé to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Second Star Wishes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.