Where to stay is always the hardest decision when planning your Disney World vacation. With over 25 choices spanning across 3 different pricing categories; there is a resort for everyone!
1. Art of Animation is the only one fully themed for Disney characters! You have the option of either a Little Mermaid standard room, or a Lion King/Finding Nemo/Cars Family Suite. While you are there be sure to check out the The Big Blue Pool which happens to be the largest pool at any Disney resort! You and your kiddos will get an awesome surprise when you go underwater (hint: it involves the sounds of a very famous Clown Fish and his aquatic buddies). You also do not want to miss the FREE nightly animation classes that are held in the hotel’s lobby. PRO TIP: if you are booking a suite…book Nemo. It is closest to the action.
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge is the perfect resort for animal lovers of any age! The resort is surrounded by 3 savannas that are home to over 200 species of animals. They can be seen from the resorts main building (Jambo House) as well as select rooms that offer a savanna view from your balcony! If the wildlife isn’t enough; you will love the Uzima Pool which happens to be one of the largest pools on Disney property. Mom and Dad need a night out? Book a meal at Jiko and we can arrange the in-room babysitting.
3. Beach Club, hands down, has the best pool and water play area of all the Disney resorts. Stormalong Bay boasts 3 acres of water play area for the entire family! From a sandy bottom pool, to life size ship wreck replicas, a 230-foot waterslide (the biggest at any resort), lazy river with inner tubes, to 3 whirlpool spas – there is something for every member of the family.
4. Caribbean Beach is the perfect place for your little pirate to drop anchor and explore. If you have a lil’ matey who is a fan of Jake or Jack you definitely want to rest ye’ weary bones in a pirate room! Caribbean Beach Resort has swashbuckling theming all around (think Spanish styling, cannons and MORE). Plus, it recently underwent a MAJOR refurb and is sparkling new.
5. Grand Floridian is usually on everyone’s bucket list and it’s a must do with children. It’s on the monorail line for fun rides around the Magic Kingdom…oh and it’s within walking distance to the Magic Kingdom, too. You can find a Bibibbi Bobbidi Boutique here for your little one’s knight or princess make over, TWO character meals, princess tea party, and an Alice and Wonderland themed splash play area. If that wasn’t enough imagine being able to rent a private pontoon boat (it’s more affordable than you think) and leave out from your resort to watch Magic Kingdom’s fireworks from the water. Dreamy right?!
Have you stayed at any of these with children? What was your experience like? Do you have a favorite kid-friendly resort I missed? I would love to hear your favorites in the comments below!
Are you looking for a stress free vacation packed with value? It’s what we do best and we’d be honored to help!